Not being with Stephanie on her birthday was hard, but I knew in the back of my mind we were going to see her on Parents Weekend which was a couple weeks later. We had a great time. It was good to see her living in her new environment. I was amazed with how she was able to navigate in such a big city by herself!
We had several nice meals, shopped, went to a football game, enjoyed a talent show, swam at the hotel and the best was seeing and hearing her sing with the choir. The performance was awesome and the building where it was held was absolutely beautiful.
It was fun to be able to celebrate her birthday with her and watch her open her gifts. We went to Applebee's and had the waitors and waitresses sing happy birthday....her expression was hilarious!!!
Ellie spent the night in Stephanie's dorm and had some good sister bonding time. I didn't get any pictures of the girls in the dorm room but I did get some in the hotel.







No comments:
Post a Comment