Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Break

Fall break started for me, by Stephanie writing me an e-mail stating what stood in between her and me seeing each other in the next 24 hours!!!! I loved it. Her e-mail listed the classes that were left and the driving time it would take to be home and hugging her Mama!!!!

She came home Thursday night and we had a great time watching her walk around the house. She avoided her room but I made her go in and look how I had finally cleaned it. When she left, it was pretty much trashed, but for the first time ever, I was glad to be able to see her room in such disarray .....every day!!!!! Some days I just left her door open, just so I could walk by it and see the mess. At times, it really helped me a lot. A week before she came home, I figured I'd clean it for her, because I knew she would be back to mess it up again!!!! When she went in her room she got a little teary eyed.....there were just so many memories in that room, from camp breaks, proms, long talks, debate preparations etc..... I felt bad that she felt bad, but it made me realize that even though she's moved on in life, there is still NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

Grandma and Grandpa B came over to see her, and Bertie invited us for a delicious meal. When she wasn't running from place to place, the house was filled with laughter and joy with most of her friends coming to visit.

It's so hard to share you child when you know there is so little time during the breaks but I was good and was happy for the way she divided up her time amongst her family and friends. I really think she was able to see most everyone she wanted to.

We, of course got several hours of shopping in and amazingly had a session for our family photos too!!! I'm not exactly sure how they will turn out being that our time slot was on a Sunday at 9am.

In the end....it was a great weekend. She is blessed to have so many friends, who simply adore her, not to mention a Grandma, who made a huge box of her favorite cookies to take back to school. She accomplised a lot in a very short weekend. It was so good to see you Stephanie!!! I'm counting the days until Thanksgiving break!!!!

Here are some of our memories:

A hug from big brother. I just wish he could have kept his eyes open!!!!The kids table at Berties.


FRIENDS

No comments:

Something Everyone Should Know

To All My Friends....I Couldn't Get Through This Without You!