Sunday I received a surprise visit from Matthew. What a great surprise. Scott has been gone on a business trip, the boys were hanging out with friends, Steph was busy in her room so it was just me and Ellie sitting on the couch watching TV. I heard the garage door but figured it was one of the boys coming in to get a drink. Suddenly I felt something softly scratch my face. I looked up... lo and behold there stood my firstborn!!!! He finally came to see his Mama! Ellie was so happy to see him she ran to him, screamed his name and jumped into his arms!!!! He had his standard candy surprise for Ellie. Kylie had sent a Dwight Shrute stress ball for Matthew to give to Ellie. Of course both items were a big hit!
He has been so busy with his new life and new home, not to mention car problems. I was so happy to see him at our house. When I am in town I usually have lunch with him or go shopping or something but this time was special because he was HOME with me!!!!! We sat on the back deck talked about life, politics and religion!!! I miss those deep seeded conversations with him. Stephanie came out of her room and they had a good visit. The boys came home and they all had a good visit too. It was a great day! Matthew you'll never know how much you are loved and missed!!! I don't care how old he is or how big he is...he will always be my baby!
1 year ago







1 comment:
So happy to "hear" the rest of your story! I haven't been able to get ahold of you today. Hope you are doing better...Love ya! Sheryl
Post a Comment