Today Vickie called to share her wonderful news. Her family FINALLY received their TA. Kelly will be coming home soon!! I'm so so so HAPPY for Vickie and her family. Three years into the process and thankfully they will be bringing their little girl home!
When we received our referrals, we were allowed to ask questions concerning our child. One of Vickie's questions related to Kelly's attachment to others. When asking this question, she was trying to learn of her daughter's ability to attach with others, with the hope of finding a particular caregiver important to her. She never would have dreamed how God was going to use that question to bless her. When the answers to the questions came, Vickie was informed Kelly was attaching very well and they listed the name of Kelly's best friend......Jiju!!
Vickie met another mom adopting in her area and had been corresponding throughout the process. She shared the news with her new friend about the name of the little girl listed as Kelly's best friend. This is where another miracle comes in..... Vickie's new friend is my friend Glenna, who adopted at the same time we adopted Ellie. We traveled together in China to receive our first adopted daughters from the same orphanage. Once again we are adopting from the same orphanage!!!! Glenna e-mailed me about Vickie's story. She inquired if I knew what a little girl named Jiju looked like or if I remember seeing her on the portal. She asked if I had noticed any posts on the boards of who, or if anyone was going to adopt Jiju. I thought I was going to fall off my chair because.....Jiju..... is my daughter!!!!! What are the chances in this great big world for something like that to happen? God in His great love for these girls, united their forever mommies miles away from each other. There are never any guarantees of traveling together and chances seem greater that we wouldn't. If we don't travel together, we probably would never have had the gift of knowing of this precious relationship.
Since we've found out about each other, we've been corresponding through e-mail and phone conversations. Even though I've known Vickie for such a short time and have only seen one picture of her, I can honestly consider her a friend. I imagine when we get the girls together in the states we will share more than friendship.....we will be like FAMILY!!!!!
Vickie's one question has blessed me in so many ways. I am and will be forever grateful for my new friend!
God bless you Vickie......your precious daughter is coming HOME!!!!!!!!
1 year ago







No comments:
Post a Comment