I wanted to post on Tuesday, December 15th but I was just too sad to post. Tuesday was our 3rd month of waiting since our LOA. We are now on the far end of the wait. In fact, today we're now 3 days into the far end of waiting. It's been a hard week anyway, with Christmas programs, church events, parties, shopping etc. The kids have all been sick with bad colds and have been home needing lots of mama's love. Ellie has bronchitis and has had and allergic reaction to her medication and we didn't get home from the emergency room until 5:30am. I'm on a detox program that is wiping me out, and on top of that Stephanie invited her new "boyfriend" over to meet our family in the midst of our chaos. Probably not a great time to set a very good impression, but, I guess as my MIL says...."it is what is it is!!!! It would have been nice to have fooled him into thinking we're like the Brady bunch.....maybe next time!!!! I need to be on the hunt for an Alice!!!!Ok---so I got that out of my system. Now for the real reason for posting. After receiving Vickie's good news call and totally killing the wonderful moment by crying on the phone with her, I realized it was time to write down what's been on my mind so I can put things in perspective.
The reason for my tears is simply a realization there is a possiblilty Kelly, Kennadi and Selah will not leave the orphanage together. In my Pollyanna way of thinking, I really believed we would travel together. I think reallity sunk in when I heard from Vickie. I am so thrilled for Vickie, her family and Kelly. It is way past time for them to get their daughter home. Vickie has been in this process for the past 3 years, that's twice as long as us. I can't even imagine how wonderful this news had to be for her..... I hate that I cried on her parade!!!!
I haven't given up on the fact that we have the chance of traveling together, however, if we don't hear something by Christmas, we probably won't be traveling together. And I can finally say.... I accept that!
God's plans are perfect and I could never fully understand the mind of God. All I can do is trust that He wants what's best and I want whatever that best will be, even if I have to wait.
Vickie, Glenna and I are committed to keeping the girls relationship in tact. If we don't travel together we still have each other here in the U.S.

While writing this post a ladybug landed on the counter less than a foot away from me.....could this be the Chinese sign of good things to come????







No comments:
Post a Comment