Saturday, November 21, 2009

Be Careful What You Promise!

In September I purchased a new cookbook specifically for cookies. It had recipes for hundreds of different kinds of cookies. My hopes were so high and my enthusiasm was even higher as told Rosie my plan of cookie making. I told her there were so many great recipes I couldn't wait to make and I was going to INUNDATE her with cookies.

Unknowingly, as my high hopes and enthusiasm faded, Rosie's craving for cookies increased. Rosie would call me up and she would get the "where's my cookies?" question in our conversation somehow. After 2 months I could take it no longer..... I felt the McLaughlin evil eye upon me, so I spent all day Friday in the kitchen baking batches and batches of cookies.
So Rosie, I wanted to let you know, I had such a good time making these cookies for you. With every different recipe I made I just giggled thinking how much fun it is going to be for you to open up your the package of cookies.

Below are some pictures of all the cookies I made. I didn't send as many as I really wanted because I've never shipped cookies before and wanted to see if they arrived fresh and in tact. Hope you ENJOY them!!!
Because of your persistance Rosie, Jason's girldfriend and family are enjoying a variety of cookies I sent home with her. Matthew was having a Thanksgiving gathering with his friends and I was able to send a big tray for his party. We still have lots let. I will probably freeze the ones I don't give away and save them for the next time you call and ask "where are my cookies?!"

No comments:

Something Everyone Should Know

To All My Friends....I Couldn't Get Through This Without You!