Ok, I feel like I have set everything up so I can begin posting in the present. This is really exciting because I have wanted to do this for so long but the thought of not starting from the beginning really bothered me. I know how I am --- a typical woman who loves to talk, especially of things from the heart. The one thing that I thought I would never be able to do is to write all the things I wanted to say, but I was a good girl and gave the readers digest version of a portion of my life!
We began the 2nd adoption process in June 2008. This adoption so far is pretty much like our first one. I was ready to begin but Scott just didn't seem to think adding another one would be good at this time. One of his main concerns was for Ellie to loose her status. Her beginnings in life were just so hard and she is now in a position in life where she is the center of attention (as she should be!) I really understood where he was coming from and I tried to explain the capacity of love and time I have. He just needed more time to think things through and that was ok with me. I knew I had connections with my Almighty Creator and I knew without a shadow of doubt that this was the right thing to do.
Just like our first adoption Steven Curtis Chapman's family seemed to play a role in our next adoption. Unfortunately it wasn't something good that happened in fact it was quite the opposite. Sadly their youngest daughter from China had died in an accident. We are such big fans of the Chapman family because of their faith, love of God, walk with God and commitment to family. They are just a wonderful family from what we have seen. Their tragedy really hit us hard. In fact I believe it touched the hearts of everyone who had known about it.
Scott had been telling me no for several months. One night while we were on the back porch after the kids had gone to bed, enjoying the beautiful summer night, our conversations moved from one subject to another. We began talking about the Chapman family and how bad we felt for them. Scott opened himself up and said everything that had happened with their family had made him think more about what I had been asking him. He told me he felt for some time, and through various forms of confirmation, we should go through with another adoption, however, their were some things that he was a little concerned about. We talked about his concerns and realized they were things that we could work through. We talked about how the Bible says God has our days numbered, our lives have a start and end date. We just don't know when it is. As we talked, we accepted in our hearts that the Chapman's daughter already had her days numbered but no one knew the end date. God with his love, infinite wisdom and sovereignty blessed her and her family with each other. He took her out of where she was and gave her to the most perfect parents for her on this earth to love her and take care of her until He was ready to bring her home. We never know when our last day will be, or any of our loved ones last day will be. I just want to make sure I am living and doing things to honor God until my last day. I want to make sure that I am an open vessel for Him to do His work through.
That night we both decided to move forward and begin the process again!
Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. God is Good!!!
We have competed all our paperwork for our homestudy and we are just waiting to hear when we will have our interviews and start the Dossier.







No comments:
Post a Comment