On April 25, 2005 we received our itinerary for our trip to China. We were traveling from May 4th to May 14, 2005. In the packet we also received a list of the other families that would be traveling with us. We were traveling with 14 other families. I couldn't believe I was going to share this momentous occasion with so many other people. We were all going to learn together how to become parents of adopted children. There was only one family who had gone through the process of adoption before. More than half the group had biological children at home already. I prayed over our group daily. I so desperately wanted God to bond us together and allow us all to have a desire to continue the bond even after we came home from China. One of the woman in the group started a forum for us and we kept it hot!! I could tell God had blessed this group already. We shared packing lists and ideas of what to bring and not bring. It was so exciting when I would get home and check to see who posted and what they had to say.
On May 4th after much packing and anxiety about leaving my sons for 10 days we headed off for the airport. Matthew our oldest son rode with us so he could take the car home. First we headed to the boys school to drop them off. Saying goodbye to my twin 10 year old sons was so hard. I tried not to cry leaving them but, of course I cried. I wanted everyone to come with us, but I knew that trip would have been too hard for them. We made it to the airport and said our goodbyes to Matthew. That was really hard too because I knew he had to drive an hour back home and he had not had his license for very long. I wasn't even going to be at a point to call him to make sure he made it safely home. I still wonder if he really went to school that day or not!!!! I know if I were him what I would have done!!!!!!
There we were Scott, Stephanie and myself in the airport knowing we were getting ready to see, touch, feel, smell and listen to the sounds of our new addition for the very first time. It was an amazing process so far and we knew we had not even touched the best part.
As we made it to our first stop we met a family who was in our group. We also met up with our social worker who was going to be a part of our traveling group. It was a very exciting time and the anticipation continued to grow with each passing minute.
The main thing that stands out in my mind with the flight from the US to Tokyo was that Scott and Cindy our social worker barely got out of their seats!!! I was up and down the whole trip. I could not sit still. I loved the map showing us where we were. There were movies periodically and I feel like we were offered food non stop. I just hope our next trip to China will be that accommodating.
What I learned through this was that God was behind me every step of the way and as rough as the road traveled was in the beginning he really was there orchestrating the whole event.
It reminds me of this verse:
Psalm 16:9 The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps
I knew that every step I took was truly directed by God himself!
1 year ago







No comments:
Post a Comment