Monday, January 26, 2009

Upcoming Surgery

Wednesday January 28, 2009 hopefully, Lord willing, a day that starts a new chapter of my life. This injury to my mouth has taught me so many things I don't think I would have learned, had I not gone through it. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I want to go through again, nor would I want anyone to go through, however, it is something that took me from one spot to another.
Some great things came through this situation, which include:

  • A deeper faith and my reliance on God has become the very existence of my life, which is something I couldn't say 6 months ago.

  • A means in which I could identify with others who are in chronic pain and an understanding of the secondary issues that stems from inescapable pain.

  • A new depth of love and respect for my family and friends. I have been prayed for and over by some of the finest faithful people I know

  • Being forced to talk less and listen more.

  • Dawn, Sheryl, Stacey, Marthe, Lenore, Karen and all my BSF friends, I have such great admiration for you. You have all taught me what friends truly are. Thank you for crying with me through the pain and not feeling like you had to have answers to make me feel better! I know I've caused your shoulders to be drenched with my tears, but those strong shoulders have helped carry me through.

With every surgery there are risks. I'm trying very hard not to allow those thoughts to cloud my mind. As it gets closer, it's a little harder to do. I know I really don't have a choice in this matter, the surgery has to be done. I can't stay in this pain if I want to succeed in the goals I have been working toward way before this injury occurred.

Please pray for me!!!

PS-- Dawn, if you are reading this on 1/26 check out my daily bible verse. If not, read Psalm 56:3-4. See what I mean, every time I express some feelings a new bible verse pops up covering that feeling! I just had to point that out to you after we talked about it the other day!!! Give that one to Sarah, tell her it's meant for both of us!



1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I am so thankful to God for your friendship! You have helped me through this hard day and I hope I can help you. Your faith is being sharpened into an example for others (ME). I know you are headed down the right path. Love, S

Something Everyone Should Know

To All My Friends....I Couldn't Get Through This Without You!