I called to check the status of our fingerprints. I was happy Stephanie and my fingerprints were acceptable considering the hard time they had getting them. Right now our file is waiting in line to be assigned an officer. Typically it takes 90 days before that happens. I was pleasantly surprised to learn our waiting time started on November 19, 2008. I thought it would start after the results of our fingerprints were accepted and cleared, so I am over a month ahead of where I thought we would be. February 18, 2009 will be our 90th day. What a great way to start the year.
Stephanie had been nominated and chosen to be Rose Homecoming Attendant. We bought her a beautiful dress. On Monday we went to have professional photos taken with the Royal Court and they came out so beautiful. I will post the photos after I choose the ones we are going to buy. What a great way to start the year!
Stephanie has gone to a Thespian Society scout recruiting program and has been chosen by several colleges and universities to attend their schools. They all have great offers of scholarships which is always a great thing. I'm not really sure what she will do with it, but I think it will help her to have a better idea of what she may want to do and where she will go to school next year. What a great way to start the year!
Last year it seems my year didn't start off too well. There were a lot of situations that were difficult processes to go through. This year I plan to journal all the great things that happen as a reminder so when things aren't so great, I'll have these blessing to be able to reflect on.
I asked my BSF leader to place an A.S.K for me this last week. I needed my group to pray, "God will remind me in the dark what he taught me in the light." She thought that was a great prayer request, then went on to say it reminded her of a message she had heard in church. Most of the time you will hear people say, through our trials and adversities is when we will build our character and grow, however, her pastor didn't seem to agree with that. He said, it is in our normal and good times when things are going right that we build our character. In our times of trials and adversities is when we REVEAL our character. I would think it would be safe to assume that is the same for our mountain top experiences as well. Our character is everything. This year I'm really going be more in tune with my character and what messages I'm sending to others, (especially my children) by the way I respond to circumstances. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions but this year I think I am going to work on my character.
As a family we have a lot going on. One child will be leaving the nest, another child will be coming into the nest, another child will be going to kindergarten and two children getting drivers permits. We will have many decisions to make, many miles to travel, and many changes to go through. We have our faith and serve a mighty God who promises never to leave us or forsake. I am certain He will guide and direct us through each decision, be with us on every mile we travel and comfort us through all the changes.
For now I will enjoy the pleasant surprises and know that through them God is building my character!
Luke 6: 43-45
You don't get wormy apples off a healthy tree, nor good apples off a diseased tree. The health of the apple tells the health of the tree. You must begin with your own life-giving lives. It's who you are, not what you say and do, that counts. Your true being brims over into true words and deeds.
1 year ago







1 comment:
Great post, Kim! You are such an inspiration to me. I am rejoicing with you about your fingerprints~that is an answer to prayer. So proud of Miss Stephanie! Can't wait to see pictures of her special night. Hugs, Sheryl
Post a Comment